Open Acquiring obtains Personal Data about you from various sources to provide our Services and to manage our Sites. “You” may be a visitor to one of our websites, a user of one or more of our Services (“User” or “Open Acquiring User”), or a customer of a User (“Customer”). If you are a Customer, Open Acquiring will generally not collect your Personal Data directly from you.
2. Personal Data We Collect
a. Personal Data that we collect about you.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. The Personal Data that you provide directly to us through our Sites and Services will be apparent from the context in which you provide the data. In particular:
• When you register for a Open Acquiring account we collect your full name, email address, and account log-in credentials.
• When you fill-in our online form to contact our sales team, we collect your full name, work email, country, and anything else you tell us about your project, needs and timeline.
• When you use the “Remember Me” feature of Open Acquiring Checkout page, we collect your email address, payment card number, CVC code and expiration date.
When you respond to Open Acquiring emails or surveys we collect your email address, name and any other information you choose to include in the body of your email or responses. If you contact us by phone, we will collect the phone number you use to call Open Acquiring. If you contact us by phone as a Open Acquiring User, we may collect additional information in order to verify your identity.
• If you are a Open Acquiring User, you will provide your contact details, such as name, postal address, telephone number, and email address. As part of your business relationship with us, we may also receive financial and personal information about you, such as your date of birth and government identifiers associated with you and your organization (such as your social security number, tax number, or Employer Identification Number).
• If you are a Customer of a Open Acquiring User, when you make payments or conduct transactions through a Open Acquiring User’s website or application or device we provide, we will receive your transaction information. Depending on how the Open Acquiring User implements our Services, we may receive this information directly from you, or from the Open Acquiring User or third parties. The information that we collect will include payment method information (such as credit or debit card number, or bank account information), purchase amount, date of purchase, and payment method. Different payment methods may require the collection of different categories of information. The Open Acquiring User will determine the payment methods that it enables you to use, and the payment method information that we collect will depend upon the payment method that you choose to use from the list of available payment methods that are offered to you by the Open Acquiring User. When you make a transaction, we may also receive your name, email, billing or shipping address and in some cases your transaction history to authenticate you.
When we conduct fraud monitoring, prevention, detection, and financial compliance activities or provide such services to our Users, we will receive Personal Data from you (and your device) and about you through our Service and from our business partners, financial service providers, identity verification services, and publicly available sources (e.g., name, address, phone number, country), as necessary to confirm your identity and prevent fraud. Our fraud monitoring, detection and prevention services may collect Personal Data about you and use technology to help us assess the risk associated with an attempted transaction by you with a Open Acquiring User.
You may also choose to submit information to us via other methods, including: (i) in response to marketing or other communications, (ii) through social media or online forums, (iii) through participation in an offer, program or promotion, (iv) in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us, or (v) by giving us your business card or contact details at trade shows or other events.
b. Information that we collect automatically on our Sites.
• Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the language version of the Sites you are visiting;
• Usage data, such as time spent on the Sites, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our Sites.
We also collect information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services. We use Google Analytics on our Sites to help us analyze Your use of our Sites and diagnose technical issues.
3. How We Use Personal Data
a. Our products and services.
We rely upon a number of legal grounds to ensure that our use of your Personal Data is compliant with applicable law. We use Personal Data to facilitate the business relationships we have with our Users, to comply with our financial regulatory and other legal obligations, and to pursue our legitimate business interests. We also use Personal Data to complete payment transactions and to provide payment-related services to our Users.
b. Marketing and events-related communications.
We may send you email marketing communications about Open Acquiring products and services, invite you to participate in our events or surveys, or otherwise communicate with you for marketing purposes, provided that we do so in accordance with the consent requirements that are imposed by applicable law. For example, when we collect your business contact details through our participation at trade shows or other events, we may use the information to follow-up with you regarding an event, send you information that you have requested on our products and services and, with your permission, include you on our marketing information campaigns.
We do not use, share, rent or sell the Personal Data of our Users’ Customers for interest-based advertising. We do not sell or rent the Personal Data of our Users, their Customers or our Site visitors.
4. How We Disclose Personal Data.
Open Acquiring does not sell or rent Personal Data to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share your Personal Data with trusted entities, as outlined below.
a. Open Acquiring. We share Personal Data with other Open Acquiring entities in order to provide our Services and for internal administration purposes.
b. Service providers. We share Personal Data with a limited number of our service providers. We have service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as identity verification services, website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing services. These service providers may need to access Personal Data to perform their services. We authorize such service providers to use or disclose the Personal Data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require such service providers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data they process on our behalf. Our service providers are predominantly located in the European Union and the United States of America.
c. Business partners. We share Personal Data with third party business partners when this is necessary to provide our Services to our Users. Examples of third parties to whom we may disclose Personal Data for this purpose are banks and payment method providers (such as credit card networks) when we provide payment processing services.
f. Compliance and harm prevention. We share Personal Data as we believe necessary: (i) to comply with applicable law, or payment method rules; (ii) to enforce our contractual rights; (iii) to protect the rights, privacy, safety and property of Open Acquiring, you or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
5. Your Rights and Choices.
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data:
a. Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our Services.
b. How you can see or change your account Personal Data. If You would like to review, correct, or update Personal Data that You have previously disclosed to us, You may do so by signing in to your Open Acquiring account or by contacting us through email on email@example.com
c. Your data protection rights. Depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to the Personal Data we control about you:
• The right to request confirmation of whether Open Acquiring processes Personal Data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that Personal Data;
• The right to request that Open Acquiring rectifies or updates your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated;
• The right to request that Open Acquiring erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances provided by law;
• The right to request that Open Acquiring restrict the use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as while Open Acquiring considers another request that you have submitted (including a request that Open Acquiring make an update to your Personal Data); and
• The right to request that we export to another company, where technically feasible, your Personal Data that we hold in order to provide Services to you.
Where the processing of your Personal Data is based on your previously given consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data on grounds relating to your particular situation.
d. Process for exercising data protection rights. In order to exercise your data protection rights, you may contact Open Acquiring as described in the Contact Us section. We take each request seriously. We will comply with your request to the extent required by applicable law. We will not be able to respond to a request if we no longer hold your Personal Data. If you feel that you have not received a satisfactory response from us, you may consult with the data protection authority in your country.
For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address from which you send the request matches your email address that we have on file. If we no longer need to process Personal Data about you in order to provide our Services or our Sites, we will not maintain, acquire or process additional information in order to identify you for the purpose of responding to your request.
If you are a Customer of a Open Acquiring User, please direct your requests directly to the User. For example, if you are making, or have made, a purchase from a merchant using Open Acquiring as a payment processor, and you have a request that is related to the payment information that you provided as part of the purchase transaction, then you should address your request directly to the merchant.
6. Security and Retention.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with the processing of Personal Data. We maintain organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Data within our organization against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration or misuse. Your Personal Data is only accessible to a limited number of personnel who need access to the information to perform their duties. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
We retain your Personal Data as long as we are providing the Services to you. We retain Personal Data after we cease providing Services directly or indirectly to you, even if you close your Open Acquiring account or complete a transaction with a Open Acquiring User, to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention. We also retain Personal Data to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations, where we are required to retain the data by our contractual commitments to our financial partners, and where data retention is mandated by the payment methods that we support. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
7. International Data Transfers.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the UK or Switzerland, we comply with applicable laws to provide an adequate level of data protection for the transfer of your Personal Data to the US. Open Acquiring Inc. is certified under the EU-U.S. and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles in connection with personal data transfers from the EEA, the UK and Switzerland. In addition, we have implemented intra-group data transfer agreements which you may view upon request.
Where applicable law requires us to ensure that an international data transfer is governed by a data transfer mechanism, we use one or more of the following mechanisms: EU Standard Contractual Clauses with a data recipient outside the EEA or the UK, verification that the recipient has implemented Binding Corporate Rules, or verification that the recipient adheres to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework.
8. Use by Minors.
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services.
10. Links To Other Websites.
The Services may provide the ability to connect to other websites. These websites may operate independently from us and may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. If any linked website is not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for its content, any use of the website or the privacy practices of the operator of the website.
11. Jurisdiction-specific Provisions.
Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA), the UK and Switzerland. The entity responsible for the collection and processing of Personal Data for residents of the EEA, the UK and Switzerland is Open Acquiring Payments Europe, Ltd., a company incorporated in Ireland and with offices at 1 Grand Canal Street Lower, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin. To exercise your rights, the Data Protection Officer may be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a resident of the EEA and believe we process your information in scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct your questions or complaints to the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner. If you are a resident of the UK and the UK is no longer a Member State of the EU, you may direct your questions or concerns to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Mexican residents. Mexican residents may exercise data protection rights to access, correction, deletion, opposition or revocation under applicable law. You may be provided with further information about the steps to exercise your privacy rights, including identity verification, timing, the way to get in touch with the organization responding to your request for further communications about your request, and how your request may be honored. If you are a Mexican resident and a Customer of a Open Acquiring User, please direct your requests directly to the Open Acquiring User with whom you shared your personal information.
United States – California residents. This section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about California consumers as well as the rights of California consumers under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).